Reading a book
You have been randomly allocated to ‘Reading a book in bed (for 7 days)’
This means that for each of the 7 nights (starting tonight), you should:
- Read a book immediately before trying to go to sleep
- The book should be a printed text rather than a electronic reader
- Read for 15-30 minutes
- Go to bed and wake up at the same time as you normally would
- Not eat food or drink caffeinated drinks within 1 hour of bed
- Sleep in your own bed, in your own home, for the study duration
…and you can have use of electronic entertainment or communication devices (e.g. mobile phones /tablets) in bed for the 7 nights (but not for reading a book!)
Thank you for agreeing to take part in the trial.
Begin the trial tonight and we will email you again in 8 days to find out how you slept over the 7 nights.
We are really excited to hear how you get on and look forward to sharing the results with you!